Tuesday, October 14, 2008

92 years young...

My grandmother is the most amazing women that I know. She is 92 years old and is having the time of her life. She still makes her own dresses, makes adult bibs for the local hospice and wheelchair bags for the handicapped. She is the most loving, optimistic, giving person that I know. She is in love with life and uses her talents to help others. She truly is someone to look up to for so much.

Jonas and I visited her at her today and we had so much fun! We ate lunch together and headed outside for some pictures. I have wanted to take some pictures of her for years now but just never have so I am so glad that I followed through with it. She looked radiant, happy and undeniably in love. See, even at 92 she has fallen in love. She told me that it doesn't matter how old you are, when you are in love, it all feels the same. My grandfather died a few years ago and since then she has been living her life just as she always did. She met her boyfriend, Charles, while on one of her trips that she takes with her church. She always saw him on the bus but never talked to him. SO one day she decided to sit next to him and they started talking and found out that they had so much in common. His wife had died about twelve years ago and was a Chaplin at their local church. He had cancer which led to the loss of his left eye and used to be a Chaplin for death row inmates. He has lived an amazing life just as my grandmother.

Jonas is her 28Th great-grandchild. How incredible is that? It is just amazing to sit and talk to her about life and love. She gives me hope that love is everywhere and in everyone of us. Grandmother I love you. Thank you for all of the talks that we have had and for all the amazing things you have shown me. You live in my heart and I am a better person for that. -Lindsey




This is one of the outfits that she made for herself. The polka-dots are an expression of her personality.
These are some of the hats that she crochets for people.

These are the adult bibs that she gives to the hospice.





3 comments:

Dawn Gioia Photography said...

This is your best post on here. Thanks for sharing.

Yours Truly said...

Awww... how sweet of her to make all those hats and such.. she certainly has energy and determination. I don't have the determination to finish one much less that many! Wow.. 28 great-grand children! Congrats! Glad you all had fun together...

Anonymous said...

Hi LJ Photography! I stumbled upon your blog and just LOVE your pictures!! do you have a website with fees and contact information? my name is patty. please email me at messygurl2@hotmail.com. i'm interested in your work. thanks!!!!