Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Locket


This is a locket that I had made over the weekend. This was very special to me and I thought long about how I wanted to do it. Some of you may know that in October 2006 My first baby, Lucas, was stillborn due to complications during the pregnancy. I was 7 1/2 months along. It was the most heartbreaking and humbling thing I ever had to experience. There is nothing like the loss of a child and I will forever hold him in my heart. I was then blessed with my beautiful son, Jonas. He was born this past October, almost a year to the date of Lucas' birthday. I wanted a way to keep them both close to my heart so I decided to get this locket made. On the front there is a monogram. "J" for Jonas, "L" for Lucas and "T" for Turner. On the back are both of their birthdays and inside is a picture of each of their footprints. I absolutely love how it came out and I can't wait to tell people the story behind it.

0 comments: